Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Berrylicious Breakfast

I love blueberries! In the summer I buy pints of them at the market weekly, mixing them into yogurt, topping my cereal with them, and sprinkling them atop vanilla ice cream with a sprinkle of cinnamon. In the winter I buy blueberry syrup, and frozen and dried blueberries. Adding them to oatmeal, topping pancakes with them, and mixing them into batter for muffins and scones. One of my favorite ways to enjoy blueberries year round is with one of my favorite nut butters atop one of my favorite toaster waffles.

Rachel Marie’s Favorite Blueberry Breakfast

Aka

Blueberry Waffle with Almond Butter and Blueberries

 

Ingredients

1 Vans Blueberry Waffle

1 – 2 tablespoons raw almond butter

1 teaspoon honey

2 teaspoons dried blueberries

 

Preparation

Pop your waffle in the toaster and while it is toasting put the almond butter in a microwave safe dish and warm in the microwave for 5 seconds (if your almond butter is not refrigerated you can skip this step as it is just to soften the cold refrigerated almond butter a bit). Add to the almond butter the honey and blueberries and mix to combine.

Once your waffle is toasted spread the almond butter mixture atop it.

Enjoy the ooey gooey blueberry deliciousness with a cup of tea or a glass of milk and a napkin.

No comments: