Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sandwich week, PB Wednesday

Wednesday morning I could already tell it was going to be another warm one so I decided to make a cold breakfast by crumbling an oat bar into some vanilla yogurt and topping it with blueberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Served with a cup of Trader Joe’s blueberry green tea it was the perfect summer morning breakfast and one that let me have my oats without having to eat a hot bowl of oatmeal.

By the way TJ’s blueberry green tea is super yummy! The sweetness of the real blueberry juice cuts all the bitterness of the green tea. Even if you typically do not care for green tea if you like blueberries I promise you will l-o-v-e this tea.


For lunch I had another scrumptious sandwich creation of course. After having had turkey for my previous two days of sandwiches I was ready for a break from the meat so I came up with this delicious treat.

Toasted gluten free bread + a generous smear of peanut butter + slices of banana + a drizzle of honey = yummers!!


I used some of the huckleberry honey my mom and Hamilton brought back from Yellowstone for me. If you don’t have any honey on hand chocolate chips are equally scrumptious in a peanut butter banana sandwich as well.

I enjoyed my sandwich with a glass of chocolate soy milk, some mango, and a table top visit from my kitty cat Sammy Davis Junior.


Sammy really likes to play with liquids and he wanted so badly to put his paw in my milk but I deterred him from that endeavor by putting some toys in his water dish for him to play with instead.

Wednesday’s sandwich was a delicious success and fun thanks to the antics of Sammy.

No comments: