Thursday, April 30, 2009

Whole Food Finds and the return of Rachel Marie

I know it’s been quite a while.

There are stories to tell, recipes to share, new products and restaurants to gush about, and lots of catching up to be done but for now let me start with something simple. A delicious trip to the grocery store.

I headed to Whole Foods for lunch today not knowing exactly what I wanted and after wandering up and down most of the isles, trying out a few lotions, and tasting a few samples of cheese and watermelon my basket was filled with a scrumptious selection of gluten free goodies.

For lunch I decided on a salad from their organic salad bar.


Spring mix
Spinach
Sunflower sprouts
Carrots
Beets
Corn
Peas
Sunflower seeds
Dried cranberries

I opted to wait till I got back to the office to eat so I could use my own yummy dressing


To drink I found a delicious new Kombucha!


Botanic #9 which has bilberry, honeysuckle and red clover.

And for my sweet tooth I picked out an Enjoy Life Chocolate bar with crispy rice.


This GF vegan chocolaty treat reminds me of a Crunch bar but better!

I also picked up a snack to have after yoga tonight.


A chocolate banana muffin from a local bakery called Muffin Physics. All their treats are wheat, dairy, soy, nut, egg, and gluten free.
Like I said earlier, there is much more deliciousness to come and soon, I promise!

xoxo

2 comments:

stevie g. said...

more posts! more posts! more posts! ...please.

rachel marie said...

i am trying dear! i hope you are doing well! when is maple syrup season? i want to try some from your trees, i am sure it could inspire some scrumptious blog worthy recipies ;-)

xoxo

rachie